Objectives and purpose
The purpose of the Association is to guarantee, on the one hand, the respect and the safeguard of the subterranean environment and its natural wonders while on the other hand it aims at promoting the economic development of the caves by supplying to all its members (i.e. the show caves) the experiences and solutions gained on the subject of research and management activities carried out by the most advanced caves which can afford a larger expenses.
The main objectives of ISCA are
- To promote and maintain an international organization of persons, associations, corporations and government agencies who own, manage or operate recognized show caves or caverns.
- To promote proper management to ensure the conservation and preservation of show caves.
- To promote and increase public awareness and interest in show caves.
- To promote a concern in show cave management for the safety of visitors and guests in the use and enjoyment of show caves.
- To compile, preserve, publish and share cooperative data, both technical and promotional, for members.
- To promote and encourage the development of a spirit of cooperation and courtesy among show cave operators.